Disability Consultant - Year Round Support
While 90% of corporations claim to have DEI policies in place, disability is rarely included. The time is now to include disability in conversations relative to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Adding a Disability Lead Consultant to your leadership teams promises to make this a reality with responsibilities to include:
- Providing content creators and decision makers the confidence to include, talk about, and portray disability;
- Ensuring inclusive hiring practices;
- Working with and educating internal stakeholders and external partners on the quantitative and qualitative benefits of recruiting and hiring people with disabilities;
- Sourcing and identifying employment opportunities for disabled talent and setting targets for disability representation behind and in-front of the camera;
- Creating Universal Design within the organization to assure accessibility for people with disabilities;
- Leveraging internal relationships guaranteeing there is consistency and transparency between colleagues and departments;
- Meeting and exceeding expectations of disabled audiences;
- Striving to create competitive industry standards for authentic disability portrayal, incidental portrayal, and intersectional portrayal, as well as standards for hiring behind- the-camera;
- Sourcing On-Set Accessibility Coordinators;
- Assisting to place disabled talent in decision-making roles within the organization;
- Being the voice of disability on behalf of your organization to advocate for inclusion and representation of people with disabilities on panels, media interviews, and the like; Creating focus groups and databases of disabled talent that can be made easily accessible to the company;
- Working alongside the DEI Officer to measure programs and ensure accountability in the recruitment and hiring of people with disabilities – while tracking the benefits aligned with this practice.